Access to Galiano Island in BC’s Southern Gulf Islands is via BC Ferries from Tsawassen Ferry Terminal south of Vancouver on the mainland, or from Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal north of Victoria on Vancouver Island. The following is a brief description of how the departure to Galiano Island and return to Tsawwassen or Swartz Bay should proceed. A detailed transportation action plan, specific to the needs of the program, will be sent to the teacher once the booking is confirmed. Please note that the ferry schedule changes regularly and depends on the day and season of travel; all ferry times should be confirmed on the BC Ferries website. Groups arrive on Sunday or Monday, and depart on Thursday, Friday or Saturday depending on what best suits the needs of the school. Please contact the registrar to book your week or if you have any questions: email@example.com or 1-800-813-9993.
To GIFTS, Galiano Island, from Tsawwassen or Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
- Students, teacher, and chaperones arrive at Ferry Terminal 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Tickets are sold inside the terminal.
- Ferry arrives at Sturdies Bay, Galiano Island, after a 60 or 90 minute ferry ride (may involve a transfer)
- The GIFTS bus and van will be waiting for the students across from the ferry ticket booth.
To Tsawwassen or Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal from GIFTS
- Students are bussed to the Sturdies Bay, Galiano Island Ferry Terminal.
- Students arrive 20 minutes prior to departure for either Tsawwassen or Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal.
- Parents can meet children, chaperones, and teacher in baggage claim, or the group can board chartered/school bus for further transport to their home school.